Dermal fillers take time to settle and to see the overall desired effects it may take 4-8 weeks. This makes it important to plan your next appointment appropriately (i.e at least 4 weeks before an event). Doing so will help you achieve the best results with dermal filler treatment.
- Do not book an appointment for dermal fillers if you are planning for pregnancy (6 months before being pregnant) or breastfeeding.
- Do not book if you are planning to travel a week after treatment.
- Avoid booking a treatment if you have any infections on the face (infected acne, cold sores, dental or sinus infections). Let the doctor know if you are prone to cold sores. This way a prevention medication can be prescribed to avoid a breakout.
- Friday is often an ideal day for booking dermal filler treatments. Ensure you have a
weekend of recovery from swelling or bruising.
- Avoid alcohol a day before and cease any over the counter medication that can cause bruising (krill oil, fish oil, ibuprofen)
- Do not do any vigorous exercise after the treatment.
The skin treatment can freshen and transform your look. Better planning is best for optimum results.
Click here for more information.