Bruising is a common side effect of anti wrinkle and dermal filler cosmetic treatments. This is due to the fact that the face is a complex network of blood vessels. However, note that the vast majority of clients still leave the treatment room with minimal or no bruising.
These are my tips regarding some of the steps you can take to minimise bruising after cosmetic injections.
- Disclose your medical history, as well as your medication history to your doctor. Stop anti-inflammatory and fish/krill oil supplements a week before your treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- I use cannulas for dermal fillers and very fine needles for anti wrinkle injections, which I have found helps to reduce bruising.
- Ice the treated area post procedure for twenty minutes every 2 hours.
- Find you are still bruising anyway? Invest in a concealer, and watch YouTube on how to use your red lipstick as a concealer!
At Envie Skin, we make sure we do everything we can to help you look your best. Contact us to enquire about our cosmetic treatments in Canberra.